Content


I do this really weird thing where I obsess over things that I do not understand until I wear myself out. I think over whatever it may be as many times as I possibly can, and often come up with a bajillion conclusions. 

Humans are so undependable because emotions are so unpredictable. 
But, as I have become accustomed to the uncertainty that I feel when encountering others, I have learned to enjoy the things that I did not see coming. 
These unforeseen things may hurt me, they may crush my hopes, but some of them may fill me with joy and restore my hope.
They may disappoint me and leave me crying until my eyes burn, but some of them can leave me laughing until I'm breathless or ending my day with a wide grin. 


There is beauty in God's plan and not knowing His plans because our God is a father who wants to give us the best things possible. We are constantly put in circumstances for our own benefit, but we never know for sure in what way we will benefit from them. He wants to grow us and teach us things that will only better us. Through the pain and the happiness, we only become closer to fulfilling His purpose for us.


In Jeremiah 29:11, God says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This bible verse means that no matter how many times you have had your heart broken or lost something that you had high hopes for, there is a reason for these experiences. They may have come out of no where, with a wild rush of excitement or they may have slowly eased their way into being significant in your life. But, regardless, these things are important and valuable for your future.

I don't always immediately find the purpose for the things that I have had to endure, but God seems to reveal their purpose to me at the perfect times. Since I have learned this, my awful habit (to obsess over understanding things) no longer leaves me feeling frustrated and cheated, but hopeful and curious. Curious to see how God will fulfill His promise to replace my losses with something greater (Romans 8:18, 2 Peter 3:9), and curious to see how God will use my experiences to spread His love.

From seeking the positives in every situation and its outcome, instead of searching for answers and reasons, I have found that giving God control of my life is so much easier. I'm much happier when I'm not stressing myself out trying to find the reason for something.

It sucks when something doesn't work out, it really & truly does, but when I trust God, I'm accepting the unexpected. I'm not going to sit around whining because it's not how I wanted things to go, I'm going to keep my chin up and believe that this is best for me. I'm going to choose faith over bitterness, which I encourage you to do.

 Trusting God and His plan for your life will put you in a state of peace and contentment.



Popular posts from this blog

People Pleasing

Rejection

Timing is Everything