Patience

One of the biggest struggles in my life is wanting to snap at everyone that I feel has unjust behavior or offensive words. My acceptance is wearing thin with the obnoxious people that I seem to always be surrounded by. I'm so exhausted from going to a school where everyone is made out to be careless and irresponsible. Show me the people that will talk to me about future goals. Find me peers that agree desiring to be successful has steps needed to be taken now. Give me friends that don't think maturing is lame. I wish I could put a stop to all of the rudeness, arrogance, low self-respect, and immoral actions of others that persuade me to be as bitter as a lonely 76 year old with back problems. But when I become angry like this, I quickly find myself in a position where I have made a huge, irresponsible and childish mistake caused by me having actions similar to the ones that I was complaining about earlier. This is the greatest, reoccurring reality check in my life. None of us are perfect, and patience is constantly lacked. It's so easy to forget to have this kind of attitude when living in a world that screams to focus on one's self. Having tolerance and love, while looking at others equally, will lead you to a happier place in life.

"Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." -Ephesians 4:2, NLT


Popular posts from this blog

You Don't Know, but God Does

An Open Letter to the People who Tear Others Down

Rejection